This pewter pint measure was made by George Farmiloe & Sons of John Street, London EC1 in the 1870’s (1). It has two Victorian verification marks (official excise weights and measures) of a crown above the letters VR over the numbers 74 on one and 167 on the other – 167 was the number for Steyning district. There is also another mark of a crown above WS for West Sussex. The maker’s name is also stamped thereon – known in the pewter makers’ trade as touch marks. Finally, the names ‘A. Thorncroft, Buckingham Arms’ are beautifully engraved in script upon the opposite side to the handle of the measure.