Author Topic: Street Photos Project  (Read 2884 times)

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Street Photos Project
« on: April 17, 2017, 05:22:47 pm »
You may recall back in early 2009 we started the Shoreham Street Photos project- taking still photos of every shop and building in the principal streets.  It was a community effort and we divided the job of photographing the shops amongst 6 or 7 die hard forumites.   These were then uploaded in geographic order to the forum.   So far, we have not been able to recover those photos from the original installation of the Forum - which is a real shame as it was an interesting project and frustrating to have lost it.  The Archive doesn't save the images, and our attempts to recover the originals has been thwarted by a less than accommodating hosting company.

So my question is - does anyone have the original photos?  If so it would be great to recreate, in part, those streets of 2009.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:25:16 pm by Spinalman »
Spinalman

johnjohn

• Born Shoreham and spent several years at sea in MN
    • View Profile
Re: Street Photos Project
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:45:16 am »
I don't often walk around the town but on recent trips have been amazed at the amount of Coffee Shops we have,seeing as most are fairly busy I await the opening of a Costa or Starbucks !
Johnjohn

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:10:04 am »
Hello JohnJohn!

Welcome back.   I haven't been to Shoreham High Street for a few years, but it if it is anything like my local high street then it will be Coffee Shops, Opticians, and Charity Shops - and a fair sprinkling of here today - gone tomorrow businesses.     I think that was the value of the original Street Photos project in that so much has changed in just 10 years - Woolworths was still around in those days.
Spinalman

johnjohn

• Born Shoreham and spent several years at sea in MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:56 am »
As some ex posters are now active on Facebook,perhaps some of the photograph contributors could be contacted there?
Unfortunatly I don't have any recent photographs taken in the High Street
Johnjohn

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:02:08 pm »
As some ex posters are now active on Facebook,perhaps some of the photograph contributors could be contacted there?
Unfortunatly I don't have any recent photographs taken in the High Street
Facebook?  What's that then?   

I suppose now is as good a time as any to publicise that the old SBS is up and walking again.   Maybe a call out to the street photos photographers would be a good start to get the old lurkers to visit.
Spinalman

Old Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »
Hey All!

Paul, I still have the original pictures I took for Beach Green, Ferry Road, High Street and Ropetackle. You're welcome to re use them!  :)

Nelson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2017, 08:07:02 am »
A big welcome back Chris to you and john john

Old Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 11:55:37 am »
Thanks Roger!

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2017, 02:46:45 pm »
Hey All!

Paul, I still have the original pictures I took for Beach Green, Ferry Road, High Street and Ropetackle. You're welcome to re use them!  :)
Hi Old Bean,

I am glad you are back!   Yes I would very much like the photos.  Can you put them into an email(s) to me, or weTransfer or DropBox to me?   It would be useful to have a note of which properties they relate to, and general date. 

The plan is to put them into a gallery and so we can do then and now comparison with those that have archive images... or indeed with present day images as yours will be 7 or so years ago.   I am just testing Gallery template options to see if we can migrate all the SBS images. Getting the functionality correct is important... so it may be a while.
Spinalman

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 07:56:27 am »
This http://www.shorehambysea.com/street-photo-project/high-street/ is the trial of a template for the Street Photos project.
Spinalman

Old Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 04:58:27 pm »
Looks good, Paul!