Author Topic: Town Developments  (Read 352 times)

Nelson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Town Developments
« on: December 11, 2018, 07:43:41 am »
For those of you who do not have access to the Shoreham Society’s journal here’s the current developments update from the winter edition:-

johnjohn

• Born Shoreham and spent several years at sea in MN
    • View Profile
Re: Town Developments
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:46:47 am »
I wonder if the developers have paid any attention to the rest of the infrastructure or is it a case of build more nasty little boxes as cheap as possible and to hell with parking facilities,Doctors,Schools,road conjestion ?
Johnjohn

Nelson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:44:33 am »
Sadly I don't think so johnjohn - reading the rest of the journal there is, for example, at least one building planned (the proposed rebuilding of the Cecil Norris flats) that will have 15 flats and just 5 parking spaces!

Spinalman

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 03:32:59 pm »
Ah - exactly as in my part of the woods.  Planners rubber stamping anything that meets their housing quota, nothing to address the woefull underprovision of parking on new developments, and the old "affordable" housing trick to justify a development. Affordable is 80% of market rates so not affordable in every sense of the word.  And then there is infrastructure - or rather there isn't. M
Maybe they'll stretch to putting in some fancy coloured tarmac and a bollard...
Spinalman

johnjohn

• Born Shoreham and spent several years at sea in MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 07:51:36 pm »
Ah - exactly as in my part of the woods.  Planners rubber stamping anything that meets their housing quota, nothing to address the woefull underprovision of parking on new developments, and the old "affordable" housing trick to justify a development. Affordable is 80% of market rates so not affordable in every sense of the word.  And then there is infrastructure - or rather there isn't. M
Maybe they'll stretch to putting in some fancy coloured tarmac and a bollard...
Which means that possibly another 15 cars released to add to the congestion in Shoreham ! One of my Daughters lives in a medium sized town in Holland one of the most densly populated countries in Europe.....they have large underground car parks in a town about five metres below sea level .....there is a lot of underground space in Shoreham waiting to be developed.....are we afraid of flooding ?
Johnjohn