Author Topic: Posts from the past - illustrations from the forum  (Read 17568 times)

johnjohn

• Born Shoreham and spent several years at sea in MN
    • View Profile
Re: Posts from the past
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 08:32:18 am »
The design team had a request for another machine for street cleaning,the commitee decided that yellow lines and the clutter of parking meters should be targeted by a nocturnal operated humanoid.
Johnjohn

Nelson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 07:52:38 am »
Gosh - they bring back memories. A few more and you could do a book!

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 08:30:01 am »
Hello Nelson,
Yes,I seem to have a few more stored away 'though a few were lost when the last laptop blew up !
Do you remember when the new Footbridge was built ( misnamed a Ferry Bridge ) and there was a problem with broken glass panels.CCTV was fitted but the problem persisted and was blamed on vandalism.
Our design team got busy and produced a 24/7 patrol,unfortunatly it was later withdrawn as the algorithm could not distinguish between vandals and people stopping to admire the river view.
Johnjohn

Gerry White

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 01:47:47 pm »
 Sorry to mislead you Johnsy, I meant the indefatigable dynamo brushes, fitted in best Carbon grips , spring release types.     Cheers Gerry.

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 08:10:47 pm »
Gerry we have no electrical brushes on our latest model, it is all AC....a battery is topped up by a solar panel ( mounted out of sight behind the 'container' with windscreen type wipers to keep it clean ) and this drives an inverter for the AC supply.We had thought about a small gas turbine driving a generator for power but this would rely too much on a regular input of doggy do fumes which we would not get in Shoreham.
Johnjohn

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 07:51:59 pm »
Am not sure what prompted the design of this non anthropoid machine from our team.....it could have been to assist one of the forum members to navigate Steep Hill.
Johnjohn

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 08:11:55 am »
Do you remember when we had a local police officer that was a regular poster on our forum ? Her name was Verity.
To do our part in assisting the reduction of the local crime wave ( cycling on the old footbridge and general underage drinking ) and to enable a more speedy response the design team got busy........
Johnjohn

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 07:52:49 pm »
Do you remember that before the demise of the old forum we were plagued with all sorts of problems and a lot of man hours were put in to try and sort things out ?
Johnjohn

Gerry White

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2018, 10:01:46 pm »
 John am completely gobsmacked ,  very well thought out and very funny indeed..still chuckling....Love the Potty locker..was that for me or Bobby. and the Chariot wheel knives a la Ben Hur .  Yes you clearly know Steep Hill in Lincoln ...some here call it Cardiac Hill. 

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 07:43:36 pm »
One of the old forum members got a parking fine when the ticket he had purchased got mislaid....he searched his car thoroughly !
Johnjohn

Gerry White

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 05:40:13 am »
Was it in the Glove Box , all along !

Nelson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 07:27:57 am »
Love the one about trying to access the forum johnjohn and the lost ticket reminds me of the joke about the learner driver who said his manouvering skills must be progressing well because someone had left a note of appreciation on his windscreen saying ‘Parking Fine!’ 

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2018, 08:16:22 am »
Talking of parking fines,I had an incident on Worthing Seafront about a month ago when I came back to my car and found a Warden writing  a penalty ticket.I protested,then noticed that my payment receipt had fallen on the floor!.....warning,even on a hot Summers day don't leave the window cracked open.
On the subject of parking,remember when wardens and extra parking restricions were introduced in Shoreham ?
Johnjohn

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2018, 08:08:39 am »
I seem to remember that Shoreham had exceptionally large swarms of flying ants one summer and there was a discussion on the best way to remove or kill them....I did not like the ideas !
Johnjohn

johnjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 08:06:59 am »
And there was the time when the Icelandic Banks crashed and we wondered if our council had any deposits there
Johnjohn