Lighthouses

The Kingston lighthouse was built in 1846. These 1837 vignettes include one (just barely visible) of the earlier lighthouse that stood in the grounds of Kingston House near the harbour entrance. A wooden structure with a square glass-windowed top. It sounds to have been a bit unsteady as concerns were expressed as to the damage that could be caused by passing trains when the line from Brighton was built.

0 Comments

No Comment.