Shoreham-by-Sea Town Forums: 700 bus and saver tickets to Brighton - Shoreham-by-Sea Town Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

700 bus and saver tickets to Brighton

#1 User is offline   Fangio Icon

• Part of the Furniture Boarder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Senior Member
  • Interests:All things mechanical, all types of transport, politics, and travel - chuck decent food and wine into the mixture.

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:24 AM

Can anyone enlighten me as to why the drivers of the 700 bus seem so reluctant to sell the 2.60 saver fares into Brighton.
A request for this ticket seems always to be met with a scowl or a tut! :?
"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck"
Thomas Jefferson

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:32 AM

Stop paying with fifty pound notes? :D

#3 User is offline   Nick Icon

• Gold Boarder
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2005 - 14:04 PM

I always thought the 700 wasn't part of the B&H bus fleet

#4 User is offline   Fangio Icon

• Part of the Furniture Boarder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:All things mechanical, all types of transport, politics, and travel - chuck decent food and wine into the mixture.

Posted 06 December 2005 - 23:49 PM

Nick said:

I always thought the 700 wasn't part of the B&H bus fleet

Nope, they are Stagecoach buses but advertise the sale of these tickets on board.
They are valid from as far west as the Royal Coach. From there you may use all the Brighton and Hove buses; you may buy the same ticket on the number 2 bus which is much slower.
The buses are frequent, and they go into the Pool Valley terminal in Brighton, which is convenient.
My suspicion is that this fare is forced upon the company which operates the buses. For instance attempt to travel in the opposite direction, towards Worthing, and you will face a much higher fare.
It seems that the drivers are asked not to issue this ticket unless it is specifically asked for; they always offer the much higher priced day return fare. I always ask for the 2.60 saver ticket, and with respect to the other poster, usually offer the correct money.
I will contact Stagecoach and get back with their response.
This aside I can thoroughly recommend this conventient service especially to those at the western end of the beach.
"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without a rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason, and the mind becomes a wreck"
Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users